cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sploshman
Regular Visitor

Non-recatangle shaped buttons / rotate

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a segmented donut wheel where a user can click on a segment and will update things accordingly. Is there a way to make button shapes that can be angled to hide underneath a picture, or a way to rotate a button or add a custom shape.

Thanks

Sploshman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sploshman 

I was looking at Pie charts yesterday and wondered.. 🤔

See below gif showing the hover effects on a pie chart (with white circle in middle) - you can then set a variable in the onselect of the Pie chart to Piechart.selected, giving you access to whatever other info you have on that variable, OnSelect of the respective chart segment. May be too late for you, but this would remove your need for buttons.

ClickableDonut.gif

Will definitely use this myself at some point!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sploshman 

Am I right in assuming your donut wheel will be either one big picture or a collection of image controls?...

The only way to achieve what you want is to manipulate each of the 4 radius settings (topright, topleft etc etc) for your separate buttons to maximise its coverage over teh image behind - Then set all button colour/fill/hovercolour/hoverfill etc etc properties to 'transparent'. Even though it's not perfect, you should be able to achieve quite a good result.

This also assumes that your background donut does not move or change as a result of selections (i.e. your buttons always stay aligned with the image behind.)

Hope this helps - Good Luck!

Yes so my donut has 36 segments:

Sploshman_0-1637761111764.png

The number in the centre is updated by the arrows and there are 36 images that are swapped about to simulate the green area moving. I wanted the user to also be able to click a segment to change the number. I think my current solution is similar to your suggestion in that I am going round and hiding 3 rectangles in each segment to try and mimic an actual button. I was just hoping there was an easier / more robust method.

Thanks for your help

Sploshman

AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sploshman 

I was looking at Pie charts yesterday and wondered.. 🤔

See below gif showing the hover effects on a pie chart (with white circle in middle) - you can then set a variable in the onselect of the Pie chart to Piechart.selected, giving you access to whatever other info you have on that variable, OnSelect of the respective chart segment. May be too late for you, but this would remove your need for buttons.

ClickableDonut.gif

Will definitely use this myself at some point!

Wow that looks pretty much exactly what I needed - I'll get experimenting!

Thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,454)