Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vish_p
Helper V
Helper V

Not able to fetch all items from Sharepoint online List

Hey Team,

I have build an app in which i am using data fro a sharepoint list ,in the app i have one combobox whose Items property contains : Distinct(<listname>,<column name>) now when i click on that combobox all i see is data upto some specific date i.e. upto 30/03/2020 (in this case the combobox contains list of dates which are fetched from above mentioned column) even though list contains data more than that i.e. 24/04/2020

Please help me in this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually i was fetching Created dates from the list ,instead i gave a date picker to user and filtering records based on user selection.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @vish_p 

How many items are there in your SP list? If it's above 2000, then there will be a delegation issue meaning not all records (max 2000) will be pulled in, meaning that your distinct will only get all the different date values only from the first 2000 items.

@SkiDKmy list contains more than 3k items for sure,can i force powerapps to pull data in descending order of created ? Is that possible ? If yes pls let me know how ,so that even if i dont get older items,i am fine with it

Hi @vish_p ,

Firstly collect the newest 2000 items (I assume you have increased the limit to this in Advanced Settings)

ClearCollect(
   colWhateverName,
   Sort(
      YourListName,
      ID,
      Descending
   )
)

Then the Distinct Function will work fine on your collection.

Distinct(
   ColWhateverName,
   YourColumnName
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @vish_p ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Actually i was fetching Created dates from the list ,instead i gave a date picker to user and filtering records based on user selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,596)