cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viipiin
Frequent Visitor

Not able to generate default error messages on Form

Hi Experts,
I am having problem with one of my form where my required fields are not throwing errors when I am creating a collection on submit button.

I have two forms with same functionality like data source and other properties are same.
On one form I am using SubmitForm(Form1) on a submit button on select and if there are any required field empty on form it shows required error message on form.
On the other hand I have another form(form2) similar to form1  but on submit button I am creating collection and navigating to another screen. I know like SubmitForm and creating collection are different things but I am not getting error messages on form2 if there are any fields that are empty.

Can't I replicate the same behavior on form2. if not any work around  ?

Please help me out

2 REPLIES 2
eka24
Super User
Super User

If you want to create a collection, on the OnSelect of the Button:

If(IsBlank(DatacardValue1.Text),Notify("Enter something on all the fields"), Patch(….))

Replace the Patch with your formula for the collection.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Viipiin
Frequent Visitor

Already implemented this. Want to give functionality similar to submit form where error messages display just below required field control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,219)