Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JabbarCRM
Helper II
Helper II

Not able to see lookup selected record

Hey Guys,

Hope you all have been doing great by the way I have been creating an app from scratch which has two entities of Dynamics 365 i.e Accounts and Contacts where I want is to show the selected related record of Contact on Account's Main and Edit Screen wherein it will be blast if I am able to show selected contact record instead of GUID along with Combo Box or Drop Down list.

Could you please guide me that how should I achieve this? 

Looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible...

Main Screen Of AccountsMain Screen Of AccountsEdit Screen Of AccountsEdit Screen Of Accounts

3 REPLIES 3
JasonAlmeida
Helper II
Helper II

could you clarify your question please? Not sure i understand 😐

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JabbarCRM ,

Do you want to display lookup field value as selected contact record instead of GUID?

Could you

1)show me the label's Text property which is used to display lookup field?

2)tell me the fieldname in contact entity that you want to display? and the field's data type?

I assume that you want to display the fullname field in contact entity and it is a text type.

If so, please set the label's Text:

ThisItem.primarycontactid.fullname

If you want to display other fields, you could try:

ThisItem.lookupfieldname.fieldname in related entity

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@JasonAlmeida @v-yutliu-msft  

I want to display the Lookup Field of Contact Record that is available in Account Record as in below picture wherein I want to display it as Combo Box which must have selected current contact record and if we open it then it must show all the contact records. (Instead of GUIDs I want their Name to be displayed and also I want to have a Combo Box on Account that will show all contact records and if it is on Contact then it would show all accounts Lastly if we don't open that Combo Box then it should show the selected record )

1)Field Name "Primary Contact" but it's Schema Name is "primarycontactid" As Type Lookup Field On Account Record that Points to Contacts Record that is selected for specific account record.

2) Field Name "Account Name" but it's Schema Name is "parentcustomerid" As Type Lookup Field On Contact Record that Points to Account Record that is selected for specific contact record.

Account Record As Below:-

Account record that shows the Contact RecordAccount record that shows the Contact Record

Contact Record As Below:-

Contact Record that shows the Account RecordContact Record that shows the Account Record

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,218)