Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshaySolanki
Helper I
Helper I

Not able to upload attachments from powerapps

Hello,

I have created an power app from a sharepoint list. In my app I have several screens but my main issue is when in my New form screen, I have all the columns including attachments and when I submit a new form, it is taking all the data except attachments.

This was not the case before and after few changes and version change now it is not uploading attachments from the new form submission through powerapp

surprisingly when I who is owner of the app try to submit a new form with files attached, it is saving the attachments but when someone else tries to do the same, it is not saving the attachments.

I have attachments enabled in sharepoint list.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance

Akshay

8 REPLIES 8
Waegemma
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @AkshaySolanki ,

Just to be sure: have you published the version that works for you?

Marc

Yes I published it but still same issue

Blipstar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @AkshaySolanki  I had a similar issue recently, it was down to the permission on the list. I believe in my instance i made the permissions so the creator couldn't edit their submission, once I modified that permission it worked again.  So maybe look at the permission levels of group your users are in.

I checked the permissions, I actually created a custom permission for this project and I made sure I give them to add, edit and view items in list so looks good from the SharePoint site as they can create the item and everything is getting saved except attachments.

Also when the same user tries the edit that item where the attachment weren't saved while adding it as new item, they can actually add the attachments
So for edit it works and for adding a new item it doesn't.

Blipstar
Frequent Visitor

Have you also provided delete permission ?

No, I dont want them to delete items, just add, edit and view

Blipstar
Frequent Visitor

if you haven't already, would be worth removing the Attachments Datacard and re-applying into the form. You could also try running "Monitor" then following the process through again with the attachments so you can get more information from the logs.

I tried removing attachment card and adding it again probably 3-4 times.
I also created a new screen within the app where I added the new form (same list) from scratch but still no luck with that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,600)