cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to use Office365.SendEmail() method inside canvas app

I don't have an idea about why the method Office365.SendEmail() is not supported in my PowerApps canvas app as in the below image.

SendEmailError.png

Please let me know if this is related to PowerApps licensing? Or due to any other reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

To use the functions in the Office365 connector, you need to add it as a data source - take a look at the screen capture below for how to do that:

Office365Connector.gif

You can find more information about connectors in this link.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CarlosFigueira
Power Apps
Power Apps

To use the functions in the Office365 connector, you need to add it as a data source - take a look at the screen capture below for how to do that:

Office365Connector.gif

You can find more information about connectors in this link.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

It's working like a charm now after using "Office365 Outlook" connector.

I was using the "Outlook.com" connector previously. So, it wasn't working.

You can also use the Outlook.com connector if you want to use a non-Office365 account (i.e., a free @hotmail.com or @outlook.com address). You'll just need to update the expression to use it:

'Outlook.com'.SendEmail("james@academy.com", "Send email from PowerApps", "Happy Birthday Wishes!!!")

Also try using OfficeOutlook365.SendEmail(To, Subject, Body), this worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,127)