Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yjamous
Helper III
Helper III

Not all items showing in Combo Box

Hi

I've a sharepoint list that has 20,000 records. What I'm trying to do is to enter the serial number in a combobox, and then do lookup to find the device description

Combobox items property: 

'Metadata-MaterialList'.Material

The Default property for my InputText box:

LookUp('Metadata-MaterialList',Material=ComboBox1.Selected.Material,'Material Description')

Now the combo box is working fine and I'm getting results, but limited number of results. Some of the items I'm searching are not showing (though they exist in the sharepoint list).

I would appreciate any help.

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@yjamous Combobox in no match for 20K records. As you may know, the maximum number of records PA will fetch from any datasource at one go it 2K. If you need all 20K values, you will have to fetch them in batches of 2K into collections and them combine them together into one big collection and use that for your search.

JacoDeRooij
Helper I
Helper I

@yjamous 

I believe this has something to do with the limitations of the SharePoint connection in PowerApps. It’s limited to a x amount of records. This could explain why not all records are showing up. 

Can you please press on the stethoscope on the right top and see if there are any Delegation warnings? Those give the formula that doesn’t work with large amount of data. 

I recently found a article (which I couldn’t find quickly) where someone imported the data in batches to a collection within the app and that collection did work with 10.000+ records. 

I’ve you have any further questions please let me know.

kind regards. 

Can you please guide me into an article where it explains how to do so?

Can you please send me any article where I can do this?

This is the article that explains how to overcome the max 2000 records on a SharePoint list. 
https://poszytek.eu/en/microsoft-en/office-365-en/powerapps-en/overcome-2000-items-limit-using-power...

kind regards

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,317)