cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Not solved! New "An error occured on the server" issue affecting all PowerApps

Seems to have just sorted itself out..
No server errors and app loading time gone from 4 minutes down to 20 seconds
Super User
Super User

Re: Not solved! New "An error occured on the server" issue affecting all PowerApps

@Audrie-MSFT could you please update us on the situation / resolution on this since it does not show in the admin portal/health
davidstone
Level 8

@Audrie-MSFT It would be really good if we could get some word from MS on what happened, and the likelihood of reocurrence.

As noted, this is the second time in recent memory where we've had a whole-service issue for around a 24hr period.

Really what I'm after is some assurance from MS that I can in turn offer to my customer base, that this won't keep happening.

Thanks.

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@davidstone wrote:

@Audrie-MSFT It would be really good if we could get some word from MS on what happened, and the likelihood of reocurrence.

As noted, this is the second time in recent memory where we've had a whole-service issue for around a 24hr period.

Really what I'm after is some assurance from MS that I can in turn offer to my customer base, that this won't keep happening.

Thanks.

Unfortunately we get absolute silence regarding all errors and outages. It's making it very hard to convince management that we can move forward with projects if we have no idea what the status of the services are when something doesn't work as it normally did. Very frustrating!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screw this Microsoft team that is learning DevOps and Microservices.

Getting this "Error Occcured on Server" and my manager is screaming at me saying when she can send email to QA to test it out.

Going mad that some controls have this idiotic error and publishing/republishing has no effect.

You make a form on a list using powerapps in DEV and You have no way to move it QA or PROD.

Sucks no. Who in this whole world ever imagined that MICROSOFT would became a joke of a company.

Azure and all bull **bleep**. A company with a too called Virto which was used earlier for designing to do SharePoint Forms is 10 times better than this **bleep** call POWER APPS.

Don't believe me:

Try renmaing a Form and if You get NaN error then tell me.

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@Anonymouswrote:

Screw this Microsoft team that is learning DevOps and Microservices.

Getting this "Error Occcured on Server" and my manager is screaming at me saying when she can send email to QA to test it out.

Going mad that some controls have this idiotic error and publishing/republishing has no effect.

You make a form on a list using powerapps in DEV and You have no way to move it QA or PROD.

Sucks no. Who in this whole world ever imagined that MICROSOFT would became a joke of a company.

Azure and all bull **bleep**. A company with a too called Virto which was used earlier for designing to do SharePoint Forms is 10 times better than this **bleep** call POWER APPS.

Don't believe me:

Try renmaing a Form and if You get NaN error then tell me.

The whole development, testing, production process just doesn't work currently. There needs to be a staging area or a way to allow certain users access to a testing version of the app when launching so we can try things out before going live with them (not just in the editor, on an actual mobile device).

Very frustrating.

jsarnold
Level 8

We have been advising to launch the app from a browser on mobile. Not ideal , but it works. 

Any update on long-term resolution?

Meneghino
Level 10

As always, these glitches are linked with major new releases.

We now have version 3.18032.0 of PowerApps, does anybody know what is new?

jsarnold
Level 8

I know this error still persists on Android devices... 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This keeps coming depending on if the PowerApps product team pushes any new release to the environment.

And if they do that on a friday afternoon then your weekend is gone.

And there is nothing that you can do about it. Just wait as it would get resolved on it's own when the Service Fabric deployment is over and Your node is up and running...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,194)