cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Notes "Info" AD Attribute

Hi All,

I've been working off the Org Browser template. 

My IT team use the "Info" AD Attribute (Notes) to place information like "(Please note: I work Monday - Friday, 8.30AM to 3.30PM)". I'd like to have that attribute placed into my PowerApp as I think it would be extremely useful while also not changing my team's current process. 

How can I go about getting this attribute into my PowerApp?

3 REPLIES 3
DocWHCI
Frequent Visitor

This all depends on what attributes your local AD passes up to Azure AD/Office 365. The only way I know of to accomplish this is by creating a custom connector and utilizing the graph API.

There is also an Azure AD connector as well but both custom connectors and the Azure connectors require the new Per User or Per App licensing for all users that utilize the app.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DocWHCI!

I can see from the on-prem end that "info" attribute is being pushed up to Azure, however in Graph API it doesn't understand the attritibute at all when using https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$select=info

So I guess there's 2 issues:

1. I don't know if "info" attribute is even being pushed up to Azure.

2. I don't know how Power Apps can even understand the attribute even it was successfully in Azure.

@Anonymous, one of the things you could do if you’re making use of on prem or premium connectors is have a scheduled PowerShell script that runs on prem and grabs the attributes from AD you’re interested in and the email/UPN of each user and deposit it into an on prem or Azure SQL server.

You can then access you sql server from your powerapp and do a lookup of the User().Email in the table you deposited your ad attributes in.

This is what we do in my team on a nightly basis to get a snapshot of AD attributes that Office365Users doesn’t provide

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,266)