cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Notification in Power Apps when a flow fails

Does anyone now of a way where Power Apps can be notified of when a flow triggered from within the app fails?

I have a button that runs a flow for a SQL stored procedure, then runs another command within the app.  Problem is, if the flow fails, I don't want the next command to run.  I know I can build other checks to prevent the following commands to run, but would be easy if some status code for success or failure could be returned.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Notification in Power Apps when a flow fails

When you start a flow from inside Power Apps it runs synchronously.  You can use a Respond to Power Apps or an HTTP response to return results or a status code back to Power Apps.  Inside the flow You can use Run After settings to control what happens if a particular action in the flow fails.  So you need to configure the Run After settings to set a status code when the action fails in flow and then return that status code to Power Apps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ah, OK - I see how this works now.  Didn't realize you could do this.

Next question is, where is Power Apps can I retrieve the results when I tell the flow to return the results?

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

In the On Select property where you run the flow, simply save the results of that Run() to either a variable or collection (depending on whether you are returning a status code or a set of results).  Like this

Set(flowstatus,flowname.run(parameters to pass))

# or

ClearCollect(flowresults,flowname.run(parameters to pass))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,149)