cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Notify message not showing, can't figure out why.

Hello,

Strange problem that I can't figure out. I have several screens on my app, each with it's own form connected to a single SharePoint list. On screen A, the "ifBlank" formula works as expected: User forgets to select a star rating (default is zero), tries to move to screen B, user gets error message alerting them to fill it in. On screen B, where I copied the formula, then edited it to check the correct data card, the user can select next and is taken to screen C. On edit mode the formula is referencing the correct data card and is identical in nature to the previous screen. I can't figure out why the error message does not show though? Thoughts? 

Here is the onSelect formula that is not functioning correctly:

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue121.Value) || IsBlank(DataCardValue88.Value),
Notify("Please fill out the required fields!",NotificationType.Error),
Navigate(ScreenC, ScreenTransition.Fade))

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Notify message not showing, can't figure out why.

Is the datacardvalue a Dropdown?

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue121.Selected.Value) || IsBlank(DataCardValue88.Selected.Value),

If TextBox:

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue121) || IsBlank(DataCardValue88.Selected),

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @eka24 

It's not, it's a number field with star formatting applied. The datacard.Value is exactly the same as a previous screen, where the notification does work. 

I also checked other fields and the form as a whole to look for disparities, but don't see anything obvious. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Please can you give a screen shot of what is working for you on the previous screen.

Note: datacard.Value you stated, can you look at it again. Its Dacardvalue88.Text or Dacardvalue88.Selected.Value.

Am not sure of Dacardvalue88.Value

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Screenshot attached.  When I add "selected" it underlines in red, erroring. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Please is the Datacarvalue a Toggle button a Textbox or Checkbox. I asked if you can show a screenshot of the datacardvalue or the form.

------------

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Here you go. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update. The screen where the notification message does work, only works on diffrent fields that include the .Text. Meaning, the star question is configured wrong when empty. 

To be clear, I am trying to show this notification if the star question is left blank, and prevent user from advancing to next screen. I believe my formula is in error, but not sure the correct syntax to fix. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Are these Stars the Datacardvalues? If so show in design mode

Update

Can you show the star question in design mode. You can show the full screen to ensure you give adequate information to help resolve it

------------

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update:

I was able to get the notification to show by changing my if statement to evaluate based on a star rating of less than one. I'm sure there is another way to do it, but this works for what I need. Here is the formula:

If(GSScore.Update<1,
Navigate(TripDesign, ScreenTransition.Fade))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,128)