cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan_user
Frequent Visitor

Notify user when clicking cancel

Hi

I have a 3 screen app with a gallery based on a SharePoint list.

Everything works fine on it, but I was wondering is it possible to do the following:

If a user clicks into a record in the gallery, and they change an item but click the ‘X’ symbol instead of the check mark to save, is it possible to get Power Apps to warn the user and make them confirm they want to proceed without saving?

I have warnings appearing on the screen when they click Cancel with a Notify message but it doesn't change any behaviour in the app as a result.

The code on the cancel button is set to ResetForm(name of the form); Back()

Has anyone got any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi  @alan_user ,

I think you are referring to a confirmation pop-up. Recently Shane Young posted a video in this, so this may be useful to view so you can set up a pop-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL7a5PmgZoc

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi  @alan_user ,

I think you are referring to a confirmation pop-up. Recently Shane Young posted a video in this, so this may be useful to view so you can set up a pop-up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL7a5PmgZoc

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @BCBuizer , thanks for the advice. Containers and popup rectangles will work to notify the users in this system. 

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @alan_user ,

Glad you found the reply useful. Can you please mark the correct reply as the solution for the benefit of the community?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,560)