Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coopedup
Resolver II
Resolver II

Notify user which field is changed and unsaved

Hi,

I have a number of forms with numerous amounts of fields and as a reminder I have a pop up if something is changed and not saved. This works well!

My issue is that it possible (dammm testers) that someone could accidently change a drop down or test field and force the unsaved form check.

Is there a simple option to mark which field has been changed, maybe a red boarder? If it was by mistake and not known then it let the user know which field to correct.

Cheers, 

N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Coopedup 

Yes, it involves changing the property of the datacard (whichever one you want - border, fill, etc) to a formula.

The one I often use is If(Self.Default <> Self.Update, Red, Transparent)

This works great for simple column types.  You need to alter differently for complex types.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Coopedup 

Yes, it involves changing the property of the datacard (whichever one you want - border, fill, etc) to a formula.

The one I often use is If(Self.Default <> Self.Update, Red, Transparent)

This works great for simple column types.  You need to alter differently for complex types.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

As you say nice, quick and easy for simple columns...now to work through the combox box and user lookups.

Many thanks,

N

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Coopedup 

Yeah...you have to get more specific with the formulas for those:

ex.  If(ThisItem.ChoiceColumn.Value <> dropDownOrComboBox.Selected.Value, Red, TransparentOrOther)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,330)