cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWPowder
Super User
Super User

Now () 24 Hour Format

I have datecard that contains the Now() function but I need it to be in 24 hour format vs. AM/PM. 

is this possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JWPowder 

Use the Text function to convert it.

Text(Now(), ShortDateTime24)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JWPowder 

Use the Text function to convert it.

Text(Now(), ShortDateTime24)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

That did convert the value in that field to 24 hour time. 

Now I have a separate issue, when I submit the form, and the data is input into my share point list, it records the time as if it were 3 hours ago and still in 12 hour format. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JWPowder 

The format of the time and date in the SharePoint list is governed by SharePoint.  The time you are submitting is correct.  It is the regional settings of the Site that holds your list.  Take a look at the settings for the site and see if the regional settings are correct.

Copy that, I will have to contact the site admin because I don't have access to change the timezone setting for the site. As soon as I confirm functionality I will return and mark as solution. 

Thank you!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JWPowder 

Sounds good!

Just to follow up @RandyHayes, editing the sharepoint site time formatting did indeed correct the issue. 

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,861)