cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Number Currency Formatting

First of all I come from Germany but I set my main Office365 language to en-US. For development I recognize a inconsistent behavior of the PowerApp editor. Inside the editor I have to use the German format for numbers (20,21 €). If I deploy a app to SharePoint I have to use the English format for numbers (20.21 €). OK, I don't understand it, but I will accept it.

In productive the requirement we have is to have a consistent format for the Output (German).

Therefore I create a Sample PowerApp to show the problem in SharePoint Deployment:

Currency.PNG

The same view in PowerApps editor:

CurrencyPowerapp.PNG

More important to me is the View in SharePoint, cause this is the view of the applicants. But there is no way to convert the Input of

34.20 to 34,20 (€)

(No I don't really want to work with Replace or Substitute, it should works with the format functions)

---

Code:

1: User Language (Default)
Language()

2: Output Format (Default)
"[$-de-DE]#.###.##0,00"

3: Input Number
-

4: check different converting versions (Text)
Text(
    Value(
        InputNumber.Text;
        InputLanguage.Text
    );
    InputFormat.Text
) & "
" & Text(
    Value(InputNumber.Text);
    InputFormat.Text
) & "
" & Text(Value(InputNumber.Text)) & "
" & Text(
    InputNumber.Text;
    InputFormat.Text
)

5: final HTML Output (HtmlText)
"My Number: <b><font color=blue>" & Text(
    Value(
        InputNumber.Text;
        InputLanguage.Text
    );
    InputFormat.Text
) & "</font></b>"

What I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Nusserdt ,

Do you want to use de-DE language in Power Apps but en-US in SharePoint then display correct format of currency in SharePoint?

PowerApps currency refer to environment language but SharePoint currency refer to column type settings. Since your Power Apps environment currency format is de-DE, the type-in “32.20” in Power Apps which is a en-US format should be formatted as en-US value:

Value(TextInput.Text,”en-US”)

then you could format it into any other language by Text function.  

So, if you would like to type in en-US format value and output de-DE format result in Power Apps, and type in de-DE format value and output de-DE format result in your SharePoint, the formula should be like:

Text(Value(TextInput.Text,”en-US”), "[$-de-DE]#.###.##0,00 €","de-DE")

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Nusserdt ,

Do you want to use de-DE language in Power Apps but en-US in SharePoint then display correct format of currency in SharePoint?

PowerApps currency refer to environment language but SharePoint currency refer to column type settings. Since your Power Apps environment currency format is de-DE, the type-in “32.20” in Power Apps which is a en-US format should be formatted as en-US value:

Value(TextInput.Text,”en-US”)

then you could format it into any other language by Text function.  

So, if you would like to type in en-US format value and output de-DE format result in Power Apps, and type in de-DE format value and output de-DE format result in your SharePoint, the formula should be like:

Text(Value(TextInput.Text,”en-US”), "[$-de-DE]#.###.##0,00 €","de-DE")

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Hello @v-jefferni, thanks for your response.

The Input should be user specific. We are an international Team and everyone should use the personal preferred format.

The Output should always be German currency style (eq. "[$-de-DE]#.###.##0,00 €")

I implement you suggestion and you can see the result in this Screenshot:

Currency.PNG

I don't mean a Currency Value inside a SharePoint Column. I only mean the Deployment of the PowerApp into the SharePoint Site. Therefore I use the integration on the Screenshot:

SharePoint.PNG

I could also reproduce this behavior, when I deploy the PowerApp in a Teams Channel. The only prerequirement is to set the User Language to en-US.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,051)