cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmalm
Helper II
Helper II

Number Field on SP List not Showing in Combo Box Field Drop Down

I have a gallery whose items are grouped by a distinct function for a lookup field in a sharepoint child list/table.

I have a combo box that I want to display a number field (not a lookup field) in a sharepoint list/table which is the parent.

When I click on the "edit" button of the Fields property and click the respective drop down, I am given options of only text type fields in the sharepoint list. I've tried manually entering the above mentioned number field in the DisplayField property, but it reverts back to the default selection of ["ComplianceAssetId"]. Note I have no problem doing the same thing for text fields in the parent list/table with the DefaultSelectedItems property set to:

Filter(parent_table, parent_table_pk = ThisItem.Result)

Please Help!!!

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cmalm ,

All Drop Down and Combo Box values are text.

You can convert numbers to text  - Text(YourNumber) and then back again when selected  - Value(YourSelectedNumber)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thank you for the reply and good info. My question is where (maybe what property) and how would I convert the number field to text for the combo box and get it to display?

Hi @cmalm ,

Actually you do not need to for a combo box / drop down. I just did a test and it takes care of itself. As an example the below will get a distinct list of all numeric fields in a list containing a value, sorted in order

Sort(
    Distinct(
        Filter(
            YourListName,
            YourNumberField > 0
        ),
        YourNumberField
    ),
    Ascending
)

In the case above the reference to the item selected would be

Value(YourControlName.Selected.Result)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @cmalm ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (41,637)