Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Number/Text/Date Issue

Hi Folks, 

I'm having massive issues with numbers/text/dates!

Is it possible that anyone can clear this? The issue is manifold...dates get messed up totally...e.g. a record from 03.072020 (July, 3rd, fkn 2020) shows up as 07.03.2021 or even 2022. Thereby the year is only a secondary problem, the main problem is that months and days get mixed up. Very strange. And then the year get a value of...in the future..quite unreasonable

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Resolver V
Resolver V

Re: Number/Text/Date Issue

HI,

Have you tried formatting the information in the field.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-date-time

Also is the date correct in the source location?

Jay

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Yes, I've tried like so (for German Date Format), trying to compensate for the time difference (which is not working with that formula)):
Text(DateAdd(
DateTimeValue(
Text(
ThisItem.Datum,
"[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm"
)
),
TimeZoneOffset(),
Minutes
), "[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm")

It's all in the "cloud" now, so I've got no idea about the time zone on whatever server. And it should not matter, I need a foolproof solution regarding time. 
Last time i checked in the connected Excel file, typing a formula like Now(),..it said 7 hours behind, like New York maybe

Now, coworkers trying to use my app, send me recrords of 2022, 03.07 or 07.03 for example, that should be 2020, July, 3rd instead, very confusing

Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

@JayMagness  "Also is the date correct in the source location?" How would I be able to know that? I've got no Idea where those freaks are located?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @TJO ,

Try this to a label text property, that will give you the clue of the timezone of your tenant:

Text(DateAdd(Today(),TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes),"[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm")

Then you can work the other formula as same:

Text(DateAdd(DateTimeValue(Text(ThisItem.Datum,"[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm")),TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes),"[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm")

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

@KrishnaV : Thank you. The formula below returns 05.07.2020 22:00 and it's 06.07.15:20 now.

Text(DateAdd(Today(),TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes),"[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm")

When I go to the connected Excel file with the records and type =Now() in any cell the return is 7/6/2020 6:20. So I'm still confused

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,254)