cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Number format issue

Hi All,

@mdevaney  has helped me a lot with pre-populating a Sharepoint List with times (30 minutes periods fro a full 24hrs) for an app I'm building.

I set up a test app in tablet format to learn how it does it stuff.

The list is populated with 700,730,800,830 etc

The Gallery on the left shows the time slots in a format more pleasing to the eye using Text(ThisItem.Time,"[$-en-US]00:00")

However, when I display the Gallery item in the form on the right, it displays the time as 730 (as the list) rather than 07:30 and I can't seem to get it to repeat the same format. I shall keep plugging away but any suggestions would be greatfully received 🙂

Capture.PNG

13 REPLIES 13

@KevinHardy 

Thank you for sending the link Kevin.  I have no idea why that message appears.  I get it too sometimes.  I think its a bug.

@KevinHardy 

Yeah... answering specific questions on the forum is very very different from creating a design spec.  I often have to make several assumptions about unknowns and decide whether to answer the exactly the question before or instead answer what I think someone would need.  This 2nd option doesn't always meet with success because of the previously mentioned unknowns.

ry to keep pestering you @mdevaney ,

But if I did want to adapt the original formula to populate the column with text, is in "07:00","07:30" etc. How would the second part change?

In my test app It's currently:

ForAll(timeOptions,Patch('Observation Logs',Defaults('Observation Logs'),
{Time: timeOptions[@Value], Title: "Observation Log", Date: Today(), SupportedPerson: "John Smith"
}))

But it doesn't work if I change the SP column Time to single line text and simply try to change Time: timeOptions[@text] or Time: timeOption[Text]

Kev

@mdevaney 

Ignore that last message. It wasn't working because I had copied the button with the formula to test it out but was using the same variable timeOptions and that was why it didn't like it. As soon as I tried it with a different variable name it worked (Doh!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,259)