Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Number format issue

@KevinHardy 

Thank you for sending the link Kevin.  I have no idea why that message appears.  I get it too sometimes.  I think its a bug.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@KevinHardy 

Yeah... answering specific questions on the forum is very very different from creating a design spec.  I often have to make several assumptions about unknowns and decide whether to answer the exactly the question before or instead answer what I think someone would need.  This 2nd option doesn't always meet with success because of the previously mentioned unknowns.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

ry to keep pestering you @mdevaney ,

But if I did want to adapt the original formula to populate the column with text, is in "07:00","07:30" etc. How would the second part change?

In my test app It's currently:

ForAll(timeOptions,Patch('Observation Logs',Defaults('Observation Logs'),
{Time: timeOptions[@Value], Title: "Observation Log", Date: Today(), SupportedPerson: "John Smith"
}))

But it doesn't work if I change the SP column Time to single line text and simply try to change Time: timeOptions[@text] or Time: timeOption[Text]

Kev

Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney 

Ignore that last message. It wasn't working because I had copied the button with the formula to test it out but was using the same variable timeOptions and that was why it didn't like it. As soon as I tried it with a different variable name it worked (Doh!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,090)