Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Number format issue

@KevinHardy 

Thank you for sending the link Kevin.  I have no idea why that message appears.  I get it too sometimes.  I think its a bug.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@KevinHardy 

Yeah... answering specific questions on the forum is very very different from creating a design spec.  I often have to make several assumptions about unknowns and decide whether to answer the exactly the question before or instead answer what I think someone would need.  This 2nd option doesn't always meet with success because of the previously mentioned unknowns.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

ry to keep pestering you @mdevaney ,

But if I did want to adapt the original formula to populate the column with text, is in "07:00","07:30" etc. How would the second part change?

In my test app It's currently:

ForAll(timeOptions,Patch('Observation Logs',Defaults('Observation Logs'),
{Time: timeOptions[@Value], Title: "Observation Log", Date: Today(), SupportedPerson: "John Smith"
}))

But it doesn't work if I change the SP column Time to single line text and simply try to change Time: timeOptions[@text] or Time: timeOption[Text]

Kev

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@mdevaney 

Ignore that last message. It wasn't working because I had copied the button with the formula to test it out but was using the same variable timeOptions and that was why it didn't like it. As soon as I tried it with a different variable name it worked (Doh!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,386)