Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Numeric Keyboard on iOS 13 Missing Decimal Point

Hello,

I have apps where I use the virtualkeyboardmode property for numeric input (set property to "Auto" or "Numeric"). Prior to iOS 13 the keyboard that would pop up was a numeric keyboard with a decimal point option.  After iOS 13, the decimal point is no longer available. This property was a relatively new addition and very welcomed by my end users.

I assume this is an Apple issue?  Any workarounds besides going back to using the text keyboard?  It really slows down data entry.

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Numeric Keyboard on iOS 13 Missing Decimal Point

@Dpalmer 

Straight out ios13 update issue - im sure will get fixes once they stabilize ios13 with minor updates

You will have to use the text keyboard

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Dpalmer 

Straight out ios13 update issue - im sure will get fixes once they stabilize ios13 with minor updates

You will have to use the text keyboard

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, I got the same problem for both andriod phone and ios phone. Does PowerApps aware of this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Also missing is the "-" symbol for negative number input. I had to go into an app today and change the *VirtualKeyboardMode from .Numeric to .Text to address this. 

*previously thought that Format: TextFormat.Text resolved the issue, but it did not.

iOS < 13: 

image.png

iOS 13:

image.png

Adjustment:

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,693)