cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Numeric column from a SharePoint list not available

EDIT: I have more information in a new post below.

Hello.

I'm trying to build an app that has a simple gallery with a list as the data source. The data source only has one extra column except for the defaults, Margin. Margin is a numeric column with a default value of 20.

When I build the gallery from the data source, the Margin column isn't available.

Here are the columns in the list:

SharePoint List Columns

And when I add the data source, I only get Title as a data card. If I manually add a label, this is what happens:

Data CardsAnd likewise, when changing the Text parameter:

Text ParameterHow come I can't use the Margin column in my gallery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Figured it out - just removed .Title from the Search.

Before:

SortByColumns(Search('Internal Stock Customers'.Title, TextSearchBox.Text, "Title"), "Title", If(SortDescending1, SortOrder.Descending, SortOrder.Ascending))

After:

SortByColumns(Search('Internal Stock Customers', TextSearchBox.Text, "Title"), "Title", If(SortDescending1, SortOrder.Descending, SortOrder.Ascending))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @WillPage

Did you add the Margin column to your list after connecting to the datasource in your powerapp?

If you did you may need to refresh the connection, or try removing and re-adding it.

Cheers

Hadyn

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@HadynMYes I should have mentioned - tried refreshing the data source, then when that didn't work, removed and re-added the data source, same result.

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have figured out why it's not giving me the addional column to use as a data card, but I don't know how to fix it. I copied the Items field from the defualt template for this kind of gallery and adapted it for my data source. It looks like this:

SortByColumns(Search('Internal Stock Customers'.Title, TextSearchBox.Text, "Title"), "Title", If(SortDescending1, SortOrder.Descending, SortOrder.Ascending))

I need to know how I can add 'Internal Stock Customers'.Margin to this without affecting how the search box and sort order button works. I don't even want to display the Margin, just set it as a variable when the Next arrow within a gallery item is pressed, to use on another screen.

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Figured it out - just removed .Title from the Search.

Before:

After:

SortByColumns(Search('Internal Stock Customers', TextSearchBox.Text, "Title"), "Title", If(SortDescending1, SortOrder.Descending, SortOrder.Ascending))

View solution in original post

Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @WillPage,

As I know,SharePoint default field values aren't brought forward to PowerApps. You need to set the default values yourself in the PowerApps form.

I am not sure whether my understanding for your issue is right or not.

What you want is the Margin's default value not show in the first Gallery Screen, but when you pressed next arrow it will show in the next screen?

You can set as this:
Display Form: Change the Text of Margin to 20, as the screenshot;

Edit Form:Change the Default to 20.(as the screenshot)number default value_displayform.pngnumber default value_edit form.png

Hope this helpful.

test_Number Default from SP.gif

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (89,239)