cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

O365 E5 License includes which PowerApps license?

Hi

Does anyone know if we get a P1 or a P2 licence as part of Office 365 E5 licence ?

I know we get a P1 licence with an Office 365 E3 licence.

Thanks

Nigel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rimatos
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @NigelP ,

Neither the Office 365 E3 or Office 365 E5, give a P1 or P2 license.

Currently, they give you what is called Seeded PowerApps, which is limited Power Apps capabilities, which are included in various Office 365 and Dynamics 365 licenses.

The features these licenses give are displayed in the image bellow:

image.png

For additional information, please access our Licensing Guide.

Nevertheless, do bear in mind that the licensing model has received a new change recently, and it is no longer used with P1 and P2 licenses plans.

The new licensing plans that are currently available are:

Power Apps

New and renewing customers will have the flexibility to choose PowerApps per app or per user plans.

• PowerApps per app plan. Allow individual users to run applications for a specific business scenario based on the full capabilities of PowerApps. Pricing will be $10 user/app/month.
  • PowerApps per user plan. Equip individual users to run an unlimited number of apps, without any feature restrictions. This takes the place of existing P1 and P2 plans and will be $40 /user / month.

A brief description of the plans is also available in the Licensing Guide as seen in the image bellow:

image.png

I hope this info helped you get a better understanding on our Licensing model!

Let me know if this replied helped!

Regards,
Ricardo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rimatos
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @NigelP ,

Neither the Office 365 E3 or Office 365 E5, give a P1 or P2 license.

Currently, they give you what is called Seeded PowerApps, which is limited Power Apps capabilities, which are included in various Office 365 and Dynamics 365 licenses.

The features these licenses give are displayed in the image bellow:

image.png

For additional information, please access our Licensing Guide.

Nevertheless, do bear in mind that the licensing model has received a new change recently, and it is no longer used with P1 and P2 licenses plans.

The new licensing plans that are currently available are:

Power Apps

New and renewing customers will have the flexibility to choose PowerApps per app or per user plans.

• PowerApps per app plan. Allow individual users to run applications for a specific business scenario based on the full capabilities of PowerApps. Pricing will be $10 user/app/month.
  • PowerApps per user plan. Equip individual users to run an unlimited number of apps, without any feature restrictions. This takes the place of existing P1 and P2 plans and will be $40 /user / month.

A brief description of the plans is also available in the Licensing Guide as seen in the image bellow:

image.png

I hope this info helped you get a better understanding on our Licensing model!

Let me know if this replied helped!

Regards,
Ricardo

View solution in original post

Thanks for coming back  @rimatos 

My PowerApps use SharePoint Online as the data source.  I go nowhere near Dynamics.

SO if I have 16,000 users all of which use 1 PowerApp I just need the per App Licence.

If 16,000 users all use two PowerApps I need two per App licences.

What about being a PowerPlatform Administrator ?  Do I need a licence for that ?  I could not see it on your reply.

Thanks

Nigel

Hi @NigelP , 

No problem at all 🙂

So in this case if you use a Office 365 license, it will give you some limited access to Power Apps in Office Products, such as SharePoint.

As for the Power Apps per app plan, this plan allows organizations to get started with the platform at a lower entry point. 

Power Apps per app plan allows individual users to run custom applications (be it  canvas or model or both) and access to 1 custom portal based on the full capabilities of Power Apps.

The possible scenarios with one of these Per app licenses can be:

• 2 users can connect to one app
  • 1 user can connect to one app, 1 user can connect to another app
  • 1 user can connect to two apps.

image.png

So for your specific scenario with 16.000 users and 2 apps, assuming that all the users would need to access both of the apps, you would need 16.000 licenses. 

If your organization only had 1 application that your users would need to use, you would need to have 8.000 licenses.

A summary of the entitlement this plan provides can be seen bellow:

image.png

However keep in mind that:

• Once a pool of Power Apps per app licenses are purchased, individual licenses need to be assigned to specific environments and to individual users (i.e. if the same app exists in two environments, a user would require two per app SLs to access both).
  • Embedded canvas apps within a model-driven app will not count towards the two-app limit.
  • A single user might be covered by multiple ‘per app’ licenses to allow the user to use multiple solutions targeted at various business scenarios, without requiring a per-user license
  • You will need another license to create Power Apps (e.g. Office 365 E3 license, Power Apps per user plan)

As for the Power Platform administrator, you don't need to have a Per App or Per User license. As long as you are a global admin, you are able to access the admin centers and perform actions on the environments.

If you have anymore specific questions related to this, I would recommend you to open a Support Case with Microsoft from your admin portal: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Let me know if this information helped you in any way! 🙂

Regards,

Ricardo

DeeTronSEAM
Advocate V
Advocate V

@NigelP you might be interested in the following....

During the past two licensing changes (Feb 2019 and Oct 2019) Microsoft made to various facets of PowerApps/Flow, extensions for existing users were granted. The summation is that as of today:

1) some customers were granted extensions to treat HTTP actions in Flow, connections via On-premises Data Gateway to onPrem data sources, and custom connectors as standard  This extension goes through January 2021 for such Office 365 "whitelisted" extended-license customers.

2) Any Office 365 subscription (e.g. E1) customer using any of several PowerApps connectors prior to Aug 2019 received an extension on a long list of (mostly Azure) connectors that were changed from standard to Premium on Oct 2019.  This August 2019 announcement was sent to Office 365 Administrators in the Office Message Center as MC189149.  The extension grants such customers to use these 30 now-Premium connectors as if they are standard connectors through AT LEAST October 2020...and maybe longer if your subscription was for a longer period.

If you think your tenancy might qualify for these extensions, you need to contact the Power Apps Support team by turning in a new case/ticket.  https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support 

References:

1) https://web.archive.org/web/20190405091352/https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-Retirement-... .... the original at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-Retirement-Blog/UPDATED-Updates-to-Microsoft-Flow-and-... seems to have been pulled internal by Microsoft). 

2) Your Office365 administrator can view MC189149 as so: https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/home#/MessageCenter?id=MC189149  .  If you're unable to get it from there, I'll be glad to post a copy of the full contents if you request I do so. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (55,146)