Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

OFFLINE MODE from SharePoint List

Greetings - 

I am seeking a video or other training guide for establishing an offline mode for my PowerApp.  I have read through the training guide for establishing the offline mode for the Twitter example.  However, as a beginner to PowerApps, I am not quite understanding how to modify that so that it will feed into a SharePoint list instead. 

Any guidance on this would be appreciated.  I would especially appreciate it if somebody can point me in the direction of a video that explains the process thoroughly.

Thank you.

A~

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: OFFLINE MODE from SharePoint List

Hi @tianaranjo,

Hi @AvenaFernando,

Creating offline Apps for SharePoint list is not similar as the example article. There are many other aspects that we need to take into consideration.

Please take a look at the posts from Staff CarlosFigueira in the following thread:

Does the PowerApps solution has capaility for offline working

To build an offline App that would work for SharePoint list, we need to at least create 4 collections to work with it.

1.  A collection to hold the online data,

2. A collection for the newly added items,

3. A collection for the updated items,

4. A collection for the deleted items,

Depends on the connection status, we need to either update the data source directly, or update the local collection (then "sync" it with the Datasource when status is online).

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OFFLINE MODE from SharePoint List

Hi ,I need bit of help regarding offline mode using sharepoint , I have tried everything but the local cached data is not getting updated in sharepoint when the app is getting reconnected to internet , though it doesn't shows any errors. Offline data not getting updated in sharepoint. Below is my code, Pointer : When user is offline and trying to make a new entry his record is being saved in Collection "LocalUpdatedRecords" and when he regains the internet connectivity the records should be updated in sharepoint list "Offline test" .I have tried Using Patch ,Update ,Collect etc but nothing seems to update the records in sharepoint, any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. If(Connection.Connected && CountRows(LocalUpdatedRecords)>0, ForAll(LocalUpdatedRecords,Patch(OfflineTest,Defaults(OfflineTest),{FirstName :lbl_FirstName,LastName:lbl_LastName,Age:lbl_Age,Mobile:lbl_Mobile})); Clear(LocalUpdatedRecords); SaveData(LocalUpdatedRecords,"LocalUpdatedRecordsToBeAdded"); Refresh(OfflineTest); ClearCollect(OfflineData2,OfflineTest); SaveData(OfflineData2,"LocalCachedData")); Navigate(BrowseScreen1,ScreenTransition.Cover)

Show less

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,460)