Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

OPEN FORM FROM DOCUMENT LIBRARY

Good Morning Community, 

Created a form to upload documents to document library...works fine.

I need the form to "open from the document library", not from the PowerApps option 

Do not want to create "another" page.

This works just fine for a list, but not so much when trying this way.

Any recommendations?

V/R

chudson002

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

HI @chudson002 ,

What exactly do you mean by "not from the Power Apps option"? Normally putting the Library as the Items of a gallery and then using

Launch(ThisItem.'Link to item')

would open the file.
You can also double-click the item in SharePoint to open it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Want the form to open from the library. Thought I could do something with the New button, didn't work.

chudson002_0-1606095212457.png

Do not want the submitter to access PowerApps from the menu bar.

V/R

chudson002

The submitter is uploading directly from the Sharepi

Highlighted

@chudson002 ,

Sorry, still a bit lost here - if you double-click on the item in a SharePoint Library view, it should open.

What do you mean by access PowerApps from the menu bar?

Whether they have access to the top bar functions depends on their SharePoint access - set to Contribute, they should not have any Design authority.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Hi @chudson002 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,065)