cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Oct 1 Licensing Confusion

Hello,

I've searched similar topics but have not come up with a great answer yet so I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to do a cost analysis on moving our on premise sharepoint farm to Sharpoint Online and utilize flow / Power Apps for the workflows.

We currently have every user in the organization licensed with an office 365 E3 license.

In order to start moving our enteprise workflows into flow/PA - what is needed from a licensing perspective?

I believe that I need to get the stand alone Per User license for any of my development team and/or service accounts that will run the flows. What about users that will simply be triggering flows or consuming Power Apps? Does the E3 license cover them, or do I need to get the per-user licensing for everyone triggering a flow/PA? Assume we will be using premium features in both apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Oct 1 Licensing Confusion

@mconway 

that is correct

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @mconway 

As long as your users dont use premiu features the basic E3 license will cover everything (creating, running etc.)

The per user or the per flow license comes into effect when using premium actions 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted

Thank you @Rez - so that means that If a developer creates a flow with a premium action, any user that triggers that flow (via sharepoint or a PowerApp) would require the premium licensing? If that is the case, then I assume it's the same if the PowerApp uses a premium feature - any user accessing that power app would require a premium license as well?

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mconway 

that is correct

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,343)