cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powow
Frequent Visitor

Odd with and without Distinct

This started with me building cascaded drop-down based on data in SharePoint list and using Distinct to only get unique records.

Seemed to work fine but when I added records in the SharePoint list the new records did no display in power-apps drop-down.

I'm using Sort(Distinct(Domains,DomainArea),Result,Ascending) in Items.

Result only showing records from when I first initiated the table in powernaps no new records.

Then I created a gallery and connected the SharePoint list to test around.

Same phenomena in the gallery.

Sort(Distinct(Domains,DomainArea),Result,Ascending) in Items I only see the old records.

But if I remove Distinct using Sort(Domains,DomainArea,Ascending) I also get the newly added records in the galley view.

Adding Distinct again removed the newly added records.

What am I missing, is there some kind of cache that the needs to be reset?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@powow 

The DISTINCT function cannot be delegated.  That means it only looks at the first 500 rows in the table.  There's no way around it except to use different functions all together. 

Here's a complete listing of all the functions that can be delegated:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

Note: You can increase the delegation limit to 2,000 rows in Advanced Settings.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@powow 

The DISTINCT function cannot be delegated.  That means it only looks at the first 500 rows in the table.  There's no way around it except to use different functions all together. 

Here's a complete listing of all the functions that can be delegated:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

Note: You can increase the delegation limit to 2,000 rows in Advanced Settings.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

powow
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

You made my day!

I increased to 1000 and voila 😊

Earlier when I have used functions that are delegation dependent I have got a warning but not this time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,883)