cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Off the topic

I am posting here because this is the only community where i am active.

Tons of user are working from home in our company. How can we monitor that they are actually doing something and not just sitting around for hours using teams? And if not teams any good software you guys can recommend

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Closing the thread. Thank for your input guys.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zmansuri ,

You could create a  meeting in teams and ask them to turn on the camera.

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@zmansuri 
Do you really need to install spyware to know if employees are spending their time productively?  As a manager, you should try monitoring the volume and quality or their output.

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hey @zmansuri , I'm in total support of @mdevaney view. May i suggest you use the PPM accelerator or Planner out of the box to list all the tasks to be completed and monitor it, now the doing something is changed into doing something specific. you can create a Power BI Dashboard for your management team and the team itself can view their own productivity.

Often productivity and hours "at" work are being seen as synonymous, its not. welcome to the productivity world where output matters not time at work. 

hope this helps 

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

It's not regarding their performance. Even though we have bio metric punching machine they do not use it. We have HRMS portal where even though they are absent don't put the leave application. I don't need to monitor their work. Just that they were present on that day. Because if they were they must have at least 4 hour online time on teams. and i have a branch where everyone is in on it. Including the floor manager. They all doing good work. Just not reporting their leave request.

They don't put leave request and don't use punching machine i still don't take any actions. Because i value output more than anything. I just want to check if they were online for 4 hours on teams so i can know weather they were absent or present.

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

@zmansuri Microsoft Teams user activity report - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs there are a few BI reports that will assist you with that.

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

I checked team reporting section. I couldn't find anything where i can see if person was online on particular day or not. I can see calls meetings etc.

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

ok go it you, teams do not have that to my knowledge, MS only record the activity time as opposed to being online time. I guess having the AAD logged in time can be used but that would be for any login not just teams. 

give HRAPP Activity tracker a look. hrapp.in

Filistyn
Helper V
Helper V

Hey! I can recommend Planner, It's very simple and effective.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,690)