cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Office 365 Enterprise E3 for PowerApps

Hi Team- Our organization employees has an Office 365 Enterprise E3 account. But we are always asked to register and extend the trial for powerapps. Is it possible for us to not be ask for registration and trial version extension?  We don't need the premium features. Please advise what are the needed actions from our end to enjoy the app without the registration for users and expiration,

Like they can use the apps directly and without the need to register and extend the trial version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JunkoOhara

Expand the E3 license and toggle PowerApps license on. 

license.PNG

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VinoAdrales,

If there is no premium features needed, then it should be available to use PowerApps with the Office 365 Enterprise E3 license.

Please go to Office 365 Admin center to verify if the PowerApps license is enabled within the Office 365 Admin Center.

For more information about how to manage PowerApps in your organization, please check:

Licensing Overview

If issue still insists, then please consider submit a support ticket:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Micheal- We really appreciate your feedback. Another questions, Once the powerapps is enabled in our account via Office 365 Enterprise E3 license. Does it mean that we don't need to extend our plan every month? 

Also, We are planning to deploy a powerapps app in our organization and we don't need the premium features.

Is it possible for our colleagues to directly use the apps using the link of the app without the registration to powerapps?

Thank you so much!

If no premium features needed, yes, you don't need to extend our plan every month.

To have the user be available to use App, the user must have a PowerApps license.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Micheal, 

"To have the user be available to use App, the user must have a PowerApps license".- If the user profile is Office Enterprise E3

does it mean that he/she already has the access? Can you share the steps if there are action needed to acquire the license?

Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same problems. I am fine but my coleague (We both are E3) has been asked for PowerApps 2 Trial when accessing an App.

I've checked the Admin settings and stuck there.

I would like to clarify, do we need to enable Microsot PowerApps Plan 2 Trial?

(Then, why am I able to use it, when my settings are off...?)

Or is it included in Office 365 Enterprise E3 and no need to do anything?

@JunkoOhara

Expand the E3 license and toggle PowerApps license on. 

license.PNG

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.

I am unsure even more about powerapps licensing now.

I have disabled all trials because it is difficult to do anything without assurance it can be utilised.

Office 365 E3 licensing says you can utilise CDS but when using it in PowerApps it says premium but lets me use it, I have removed Plan2 trial from my account.

So what can be done with CDS on E3 licensing and powerapps?

And after update of CDS there is now a forms option in entity, whats this all about.

Microsoft needs to publish some clarity about Office 365 Enterprise licensing and PowerApps.

I am also in the same boat on this. I am looking at the Entities and forms options and wondering if that is the same thing as CDS. I'm not sure. 

I need to know what is included for PowerApps with the E3 license, and have assurances that once i use these features, i won't be required to pay for them in the future. I cannot justify the added cost of PowerApps in addition to what i'm paying for E3. 

I looked at the Licensing guide document for PowerApps and frankly, i got a headache. I wish there was a simple list of things that i can and can't do with the E3 in terms PowerApps and Flow (Power Automate). 

For example, i was able to build an App and connect to my data using the on-premise data gateway, now i learn that this is a premium feature. I have already launched this App to the organization, how can this be justified?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (65,357)