Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Migrated_User
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Office 365 Profile Information - getting user manager

Content migrated from TechNet.  Post attribution to:  Hilary Stoupa

Hi - I am trying to follow this tutorial on connecting PowerApps to the Office 365 user profile data. I can get my own data or that of another user.

I can't get my Manager information. I've got the manager field filled out in my user profile in the SharePoint Admin Center in Office 365.

The error text is:

The service returned an error: office365users!Manager: {"status":404, "message": "No user found with the specified id.", "source": "127.0.0.1"}

I'm not sure how to debug this - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Error message

16 REPLIES 16

Thank you for your help!

So - upon review with an MS Support Engineer, it appears the issue is that to use .Manager or .DirectReports, I need to have Azure Active Directory set up. This makes sense - I had assumed these functions would be using my SharePoint user profile information, but they are not.

View solution in original post

I saw your answer regarding power apps Office365Users.Manager error , actually I have the same error and I cannot fix this issue and and I cannot understand how can I setup active directory with office 365

As I just have office 365 business essential without ad on premises and I tried to find a way to setup AD with office 365 and I register and open AAD but I’m still have the same issue raised in the post

Please I need your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to pull the email id from the display Name i have pulled with the below syntax, but no good. Can any one help me on the below. 

office365users.Manager(TextInput1.Text).Mail

Thanks in Advance...

If this is for the current person using the PowerApp use the following:

Manager Email:

Office365Users.Manager(Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail).Mail

Manager DisplayName:

Office365Users.Manager(Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail).DisplayName

test

If you are going to use the new V2, all the properties begin with lowercase letters now.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,586)