cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Office 365 SendEmail

Hi. I've created an app for my organisation.

I've added a data source for Outlook 365, in order to use the Office365SendEmail function.

The app is then shared to a page on SharePoint using <iframe>. Simple enough, it works.

The problem is: It only adds my own personal email as a data source. If any other user wants to use the app, a message pops up;

"Do you want to allow PowerApps to gain access to your Outlook?" - I want to allow PowerApps to gain access to every Outlook account that is within my organisation, so that the users don't have to accept anything before using the app. This only adds confusion to the users.

Is there a way to do this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Office 365 SendEmail

Hi @JohanHolmstrom,

I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved. The reason that users will always be asked for authentication is that users and contributors need permissions to any data connections and gateways that the app uses. Some permissions come along implicitly with the app, but others must be explicitly granted. For more information, see Share app resources.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

That's too bad, it really should be a feature. Thanks for the answer!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JohanHolmstrom,

I'm afraid that this cannot be achieved. The reason that users will always be asked for authentication is that users and contributors need permissions to any data connections and gateways that the app uses. Some permissions come along implicitly with the app, but others must be explicitly granted. For more information, see Share app resources.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regular Visitor

That's too bad, it really should be a feature. Thanks for the answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,293)