cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SB02

Office 365 licences and Power Apps

I have two questions about licences and connectors:

1. I have an Office 365 E3 licence and I found that the standard connectors are supposed to be free with this licence. Excel Online (Business) and Microsoft Teams are standard connectors. I created, in a team in Microsoft Teams, a table with Excel Online and connected this table with my app in PowerApps. The PowerApp is also added to this team. However, when opening the app in Microsoft Teams (and also when opening it in PowerApps), I still receive the notification: "You need a current plan or trial to use PowerApps". How can we avoid this?

2. Are the premium connectors (e.g. SQL Server) in PowerApps free with an Office 365 E5 licence? Or what is the advantage of E5 over E3?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Community Champion
Community Champion

According to the licencing guide, E5 has the same features as E3 as far as it relates to Power Apps and Power Automate. E5 gives a lot more on the governance/security/DLP side of things and also includes Power BI Pro, but it should run the same things as E3. Note that the licence for Power Apps with both of these is the "Power Apps for Microsoft 365" flavor, which includes standard connectors only.

To use premium connectors, you need the per app or per user Power Apps licence. Trial and developer licences are available. I found a link with a bit more info about licencing related to Teams: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-teams-environment 

Hope that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,531)