Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Office 365 users connector getting access denied

Hi,

We have had a number of apps working fine for a few months. Then today they appear to have stopped working correctly. Specifically its the Office 365 Users connector. On our OnVisible of the first screen we store certain fields from Office365Users.MyProfileV2() in a local collection to use throughout our app. However, since Saturday it now won't perform this action and just states "Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource." However, i don't know what this Access Denied is in relation to. I even tried to create a new app and have this as the only thing on the entire app but get the same error message. I read on this community around checking the root SharePoint site collection to ensure the users have read access to it. I wasn't sure how this would affect it but have checked and they do. It happens in multiple environments in this tenant but does appear to be specific to this tenant as its working fine in other Power Platform tenants.

Has anyone come across this and can point me in the direction of what the access denied is in relation to?

Thanks 
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Office 365 users connector getting access denied

Hi MarkPP,

Thank you for your post. Could you browse to make.powerapps.com and open Data -> Connections and make sure that the connector shows as connected? If you create a new connector and try the same action, do you also receive the same error? This information will help me better diagnose the cause the of the issue.

Thank you!

Rory

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @RoryL 

The connector is showing as connected. I have tried removing it and recreating the connection but continue to get the issue. All other connectors appear to be working fine.

If i use Office365Users.MyProfile() this actually works ok. It appears to be specific to Office365Users.MyProfileV2() where the issue is occurring and you get the Error to say Access Denied.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MarkPP,

Thanks for your reply. Next, could you create a simple manually triggered flow using the “Get my profile (V2)” action without any fields selected and let me know if this works as expected or returns any error messages?

Thank you,

Rory

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @RoryL 

This returns the same error message as in Power Apps "Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Mark,

If you open your browsers dev panel (usually F12) and select the network tab you can track what the error is better and figure out exactly what calls are failing and which ones aren't. This should give you a better idea of the error occurring instead of this fairly generic error. Depending on what is showing in the network logs this may need to go to a full ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,098)