cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melinda
Microsoft
Microsoft

Office365 User Connection Edit Form for "Allow Multiple Selections" people picker combo box

I have built an app that has the Office365 Users connections. I have created a combobox to pull in the data. I am not using the SharePoint people connector. Text column in the SharePoint list. The end user can select one or multiple people from the people picker and the display name is being written to the SharePoint list with a ";' delimiter. 

Items= Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: Combobox.SearchText})

DefaultSelectedItems= [Parent.Default] 

Allow Multiple Selections is set to true. 

This works fine. The issue comes when I want to edit the items. I somehow need to split the text by delimiter and then connect it to the people search but I am not sure how to accomplish that. Currently, it will just combine whatever is currently listed as one item which can't find a person so if I add someone else, the previous items get deleted. I have not been able to find a solution. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Melinda,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please share a bit more about your need, what do you want to achieve?

What do you mean by "split the text by delimiter and then connect it to the people search"?

It would be appreciated that you could provide some picture of the People picker in your scenario?

Best Regards,
Qi
Melinda
Microsoft
Microsoft

@v-qiaqi-msft I have not been able to solve the issue except by changing my SP columns to People Columns. When I have a new form and search for my users I can input the email or name and it searches the O365 connector for that user. So when I submit the form with multiple users I get Name 1; Name 2; Name 3 etc. When I then try to edit that it merges them into one and I get Name1;Name2;Name3. If for example I want to remove Name 2. I have to remove all and then re-add Name1 and Name 3. So I somehow need to tell the filed or office 365 connector that these are actually individual people. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,107)