Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaseCamp
Helper I
Helper I

Office365 Users Searchuser error Status 403

Hello

I created a powerapp from a SharePointlist Everything works fine for me, but when I login with a guest account I get an error when the Peoplepicker of the app wants to load the userslist

Error Guest User.jpg

Can you please assist

Thank you

Stefaan Galle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BaseCamp
Helper I
Helper I

After a long search I found out that Guest users are not able to get the list of users because they are not provisioned on the tenant exchange server.

I solved it with a workaround, by creating an my own userlist on SharePoint  which I populate from the Office365-userslist.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rebeccas
Super User
Super User

Did you share the site with the guest user account you are testing from? They have to have access to the sharepoint site your list is on to open an app with data from it. I have not seen that exact error for that but it will cause errors for the user. 

Yes the guest has permission to enter the SharePointsite. The guest needs to run the powerapp from the sharepointlist.

Hmm....sorry, I have not seen the error you have shown above before. 

Hopefully someone else will jump on here soon that has and can help. Good luck!

@BaseCamp ,

I have seen this one before on externally shared apps (although I do not use the field type). I suspect it is because external users do not have permissions on your Active Directory.

BaseCamp
Helper I
Helper I

After a long search I found out that Guest users are not able to get the list of users because they are not provisioned on the tenant exchange server.

I solved it with a workaround, by creating an my own userlist on SharePoint  which I populate from the Office365-userslist.

View solution in original post

What method did you use to populate and maintain the list you created in SharePoint? I have several apps that I need guest users to be able to use so I'm looking to implement the same solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,062)