Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcakhilnadh
Helper V
Helper V

Office365 Users birthday list

Hi ,

I want to build a gallery with all employees of my organization and list their birthdays. How it can be done?

What is the formula that I need to use in Items field of gallery to list all the employees and what is the formula used in text label to show each employee name and their birthday ?

Office365Users.UserProfileV2(ComboBox1.Selected.Id).birthday 

In the above formula I get Jan 1 as birthday for all other employee except mine

6 REPLIES 6
phipps0218
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

What you need to do is get a list of users via the Office365 connector. Then per user LookUp and Display their birthday. At the moment you are only getting the ComboBox1.Selected.Id (this person) birthday. Where you actually want to get all. You could wrap this in a ForAll and add it to a collection then display your collection in a gallery.

Please Accept as Solution if it solves your question. Or just give it a Thumbs Up if it is helpful as can help others.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlie-phipps-%F0%9F%91%A8%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%92%BB-91338715b/
Subscribe to my YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChmFBGU1YKIU91sNMQ7buGg

Dear @phipps0218 ,

I think you didn't get my question fully,

ComboBox1.Selected.Id # Here if I pass another user's Id ie if I select another user ( except the one logged in) Id is updated but `birthday` value doesn't show properly from Office365 it is always Jan1 for all the users

Then I wonder if it is a permission issue because this may be classed as 'sensitive' data...

@phipps0218 
Please let me know know how to check if it is permission issue or not and also how to get the permission for the same

Are you able to see the birthday via their profile in Office365 or Delve?

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pcakhilnadh ,

I'm afraid that list users' birthdays is not avail in a canvas app is not available. But as an alternative I recommend that you create a separate table to maintain employees information(user name and birthday) and then display the table in your canvas app. For example , you could maintain a SharePoint list to maintain employees information.

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,036)