Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adammmm
Advocate I
Advocate I

Office365 user cannot be saved into sharepoint list

Hi there,

My Sharepoint list is not saving selected items from my Combobox. 

In Sharepointlist I have a column "Author" with following settings: 

adammmm_0-1633491159641.png

In powerapps, I have the combobox (DataCardValue5) with

Items - Office365Users.SearchUserV2({searchTerm:DataCardValue5.SearchText, top:5}).value

IsSearchable - True

Update - DataCardValue5.SelectedItems

and 

adammmm_1-1633491428612.png

What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @adammmm ,

I guess it is due to clash of internal name. The internal name of CreatedBy field is also Author please try changing the column name if possible. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hi @PG_WorXz10 ,

Thanks for responding. That didn't work. I created a new column using "AuthorNames" with the same settings and approach. SharePoint list form just stay stuck and doesn't respond when I click Save.

adammmm_0-1633500894058.png

@adammmm 

You mean the data is not getting saved ?

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

@PG_WorXz10 

Yes, data entered into the customized power apps form aren't saving. To be precise, nothing happens after clicking save. 

Since you are using the Office365.SearchUsers to populate the dropdown you will be getting people objects in the dropdown.  But your column is a Choice Column not a People column.  So there is a mismatch between the values in the dropdown and the values that need to be saved to the AuthorNames column.  They are different data types.  I suspect you'll need to reformat the values from the dropdown into an array that matches the Choice column and use Patch to save it.  Let me try to replicate your issue and I'll see if I can't provide a solution.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @adammmm ,

Try in the Data Card Update

{Value:DatCardValue5.Selected.DisplayName}

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

That didn't work. I managed to get it to work using Person type column but that stops me from filtering People by department. 

@adammmm ,

That was your question - how to update the Choice field with a People Picker (not sure why you would want to do this as @Pstork1 mentioned)? The filtering and writing back are two separate issues.

@WarrenBelz All i’m trying to achieve is to create a form with a field that allows user to select multiple employees display name filtered by email <> blank(). From my understanding I can’t filter Person choice column in PowerApps. Therefore, my alternative is to use Office365user but I’m now stuck with the situation above. My apologies for the confusion, I should’ve explained what I’m trying to achieve from the beginning. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,973)