cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SylvieLet17
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Office365Groups connector can only display max 100 members

I am using the Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(GroupID).value function and it is only able to display 100 results.

Same issue when I do a ClearCollect.

My group has 141 members currently. 

Anyone know a workaround of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@SylvieLet17 
You can have up to 999 maximum results by doing this.

Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(GroupID, {'$top':999}).value 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@SylvieLet17 
You can have up to 999 maximum results by doing this.

Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(GroupID, {'$top':999}).value 

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If you are listing the group members in a gallery then I suspect you are running into paging.  Galleries only load the first hundred records until you scroll through and try to look at the 101st record.  Then it loads the second hundred, and so on.  So I think the connector is pulling all the members, you just haven't scrolled far enough to see all of them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Pstork1 
I agree with your comment about how galleries work but the Office 365 Groups connector documentation says the default number of results is 100 users.

cvasc.png

---

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I know, but you had that covered.  If he is displaying the results in a gallery and used your code he still might not see a change in the behavior.  I figured pointing that out might help lower his frustration.

Hey folks,

I have a similar demand but I need far more than 999. I like to load a single group that may have 7.000, 8.000 or 9.000 people as a member in it. I like to create a powerapp that pulls all members of that group and an Administrator can search in a searchbar a users name and check if he is in that group. Sometimes the admin has the first name of the user sometimes the last name and if he is lucky the admin has both of them and can search for the user (these are informations from a ticketing system).

Which way do I have to go to get more than 999 items back and search within this result for names?!? Any thoughts?

Cheers Andre

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

My first response would be WHY?  Even if you could load 7,000 records, who is acutally going to scroll through that list to get to record number 6,999.  Its not usable that way.  My second response is that it just won't work.  Learn how to use delegation to get a manageable list to work with.  Loading that many records at one time will kill your performance and the result really isn't usable anyway.

@Pstork1 Thanks for your reply. I am with you by saying that scrolling 7.000+ items is not nice. My approach was to load all the items in the background and give the user a searchbox to try to find the Username in there to control if the user is a member of that particular group.

I investigated a little further and now came up with the idea to use the new Screen "people" to search for the username, the user can select the user they want und then there is a check if the user is in that group and a Icon/button/or whatever turns green ode red if the user is in that group or not.

Would that be a feasable approach to build this solution?

Cheers Andre 🙋‍♂️

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In the new screen what is the user searching?  If you are searching a local collection of 7,000 users, then I still don't think its a feasible solution.

What I hear the whole time is what I can´t do or shouldn´t. Can somebody tell my how to? I just wanna let my admin-colleagues check if a user is in that group or not. Sometimes they have the first name, sometimes the last name and sometimes the e-mail address. Potentially there are 8-9 k users in that group with that we identify if the user has a new cloud provisioned client. Step away from my approach and suggest a way I can go.... thank you! 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,034)