cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgodby
Post Patron
Post Patron

Office365Outlook.FindMeetingTimes won't return a time before 8am and a time after 5pm

Hello. I am using the Office365Outlook.FindMeetingTimes to get all the available times during a day. But what I'm noticing is that it doesn't return a time before 8am and after 5pm. 

I tried using the Meeting Capture template canvas app and the same thing occurs here.

Even when I set the start to be 6am and the end to be 6pm, it still only starts at 8am and ends at 5pm. And some days it just ends at 3:30 pm. Is there an explanation for how this function works precisely? 

Screenshot 2021-01-08 143708.png

Is this just a built in limitation? I notice that on weekends it doesn't return any available time slots. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby ,

This issue still relate to a parameter of this action: Max Candidates, as it is set to "15" and meeting duration was set to 30 minutes, then 15 meeting times would return. 

So, if meeting duration would not be less than 30 minutes, you could set the parameter Max Candidates to "48".

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby ,

Do you mean that Office365Outlook.FindMeetingTimes only return time during 8am and 5pm?

If so, you could add the parameter of 

ActivityDomain: "Unrestricted"

into the action, otherwise the default activity domain would be work time duration.

Please check the official doc below to learn more about it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#find-meeting-times-(v2)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Thank you, that fixed some issues.

This is how it looks now in the Meeting Capture template app:

Screenshot 2021-01-11 112231.png

But now I'm noticing that there seems to be a limit to how many meeting times it will return. If I set the start to be 12:00 am and the end time to be 5:00 pm the meeting times given are from 12 am until 7:30 am:

Screenshot 2021-01-11 112618.png

Screenshot 2021-01-11 113940.png

And if I set the start to be 1 am then it ends at 8:30 am. Seems like it has a 7.5 hour limit. Is this something to do with the connector or the meeting room? 

For the meeting room I first set the Booking window to be 365 days and the Booking duration to be 24 hours but I still got the same result. 

Screenshot 2021-01-11 120318.png

I still got the same result when I checked off "Automatically decline meetings out of limits". Are there other settings in the connector or meeting room I need to make to get access to all meeting times of the day? Thank you for all the help.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby ,

This issue still relate to a parameter of this action: Max Candidates, as it is set to "15" and meeting duration was set to 30 minutes, then 15 meeting times would return. 

So, if meeting duration would not be less than 30 minutes, you could set the parameter Max Candidates to "48".

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,513)