Super User
Super User

Office365User in EditForm

q12.jpg

q18.jpg

q13.jpg

q19.jpg

q14.jpgq15.jpgq16.jpgq17.jpg

As you can see from my pictures i have 4 text column. 2 for employee and 2 for manager. In the first text column i remove the text input and add combo box in the data card. Properties are set as shown in picture. Data saved correctly but in the edit form it doesn't work. Also i am doing this for single person. I need to do this for multi select person.

So my requirement is: Create an edit form that can add and edit multi select person type and fetch manager. All columns in the backend is text type. I hope i explained it proper. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri ,

Manager's name should be

Office365Users.Manager(ComboBox1.Selected.Mail).DisplayName

and Mail for the one below. The multi-select, however is a larger journey - I may not be the best person here as I rarely use this function (we maintain a separate staff list).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri 

For Edit mode, we need to set DefaultSelectedItems property of the AssignToName Combobox to

{
    '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
    Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(ThisItem.AssignToEmail),
    Department: "",
    DisplayName: ThisItem.AssignToName,
    Email: Lower(ThisItem.AssignToEmail),
    JobTitle: "",
    Picture: ""
}

Hey, I set the DefaultSelectedItem as you said. But it's still not filling the values in other text fields.

q20.jpg

I understand. Thank you anyways.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,555)