Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Office365User in Form

q9.jpg

I am using all 5 text field. in the form i unlock "AssignTo" card and delete the text input and add combobox instead. set combobox item property to:

Office365Users.SearchUser({top:999})

Set default property to AssignToName:

ComboBox3.Selected.DisplayName

and so on for the rest of the field.

Record is saved but it does not work for edit form. I am trying to avoid complex column. But, i need to use people picker. can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri ,

The DefaultSelectedItems need to be

{DisplayName:ThisItem.YourTextFieldName}

Your strategy is good (not using complex columns) - you just need to populate the correct field in the Table that forms the Combo Box Items.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri 

Please clarify the few questions.

1. AssignTo is the Text field in SP, right?
  2. Are you storing just a name on only one field?
  3. Does not work means not displaying any fields by default?
  4. Other 4 fields are just UI only?
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @zmansuri ,

The DefaultSelectedItems need to be

{DisplayName:ThisItem.YourTextFieldName}

Your strategy is good (not using complex columns) - you just need to populate the correct field in the Table that forms the Combo Box Items.

zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Thank you for the response. I have a followup question. What is the best practice if i want to use people picker in edit form. Let's say i need 2 people employee and manager. My backend is sharepoint. i am only using submitform not patch.

How will i set this up in best way. Thank you.

Hi @zmansuri ,

It is possibly best to write back to a Text field and simply set the Update of the card to ComboBox.Selected.xxxx, where xxxx is generally DisplayName or Mail and then use the Office365Users Connector in Power Apps to query anything else I need. Solves all Delegation and Sort/Filter/GroupBy issues.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

I tried to do the same. But when i select the item to edit. There was no value in ComboBox and i got confused what to set for edit item in combobox. Do you have any link how to set up this? Or maybe you can guide here. Thank you

Hi @zmansuri ,

The Items of the combo box are something like this (I must admit it is a while since I wrote one of these)

Filter(
   Office365Users.SearchUser(), 
   Department = "YourDepartment"
).DisplayName

Be aware that if you are in a large company over 1,000 employees, you may not get the desired result.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

And for the DefaultSelectedItems?

Let me just start a new thread i want to finish this today. I am closing this one.

Hey, I have finished my current projects with old method and person type column. Because it was time pressing. I am starting a new thread with generic requirements. I hope you can help me there. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,403)