cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zmansuri
Community Champion
Community Champion

Office365User

Every tutorial i watch have Office365User on a individual ComboBox. I was using Sharepoint Person Type colum till now. And i'd like to move on to this connector. but, there are still some basic things i can't wrap my head around. I have a simple form which has a sharepoint as backend.

Column Name       Type

Name                     Text

POC                        Person

POCManager          Person

When i create a form in powerapps it will by default will give me combobox in datacard with sharepoint person type column logic inside it: Choices([@ListName].POC)

Should i change this code to office365User.SearchUser()    ?????

5 REPLIES 5
BCBuizer
Resolver III
Resolver III

No, since Sharepoint is already connected to this connector, you can retrieve any information via the form.

Only in case you'd like to perform other actions for which you are not going through your Sharepoint datasource, you can use this connector. 

More information on the use of Office 365 Users connector in PowerApps can be found here: 

Connect to Office 365 Users connection from Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

zmansuri
Community Champion
Community Champion

If i want to use office365 connector what will be the sharepoint column type to store that office365user i have selected in form?

BCBuizer
Resolver III
Resolver III

You have already selected the correct type: Person

zmansuri
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have 2 data card on form one for employee other for manager. Manager will be non editable. When a person selects employee his manager will be auto filled in manager datacard.

For that i am using defaultselected property of manager combobox as

Office365SearchUser.ManagerV2(Datacarad1.Selected.Id).

It shows error. Expected record type.

Try something like:

Office365Users.Manager(DataCardValue1.Selected.Email).mail

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,828)