cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrokenClock
Helper I
Helper I

Office365Users Combox Search Fname+LName

I'm trying to use a combox as a user selection box, in a user-facing application.

I've currently got "Mail" and "DisplayName" as search fields.

let's say I'm looking for User: Mail=js234@enterprise.com; DisplayName="Smith, John", GivenName="John"

Search terms that return that user:
js2

Smi
John
Smith, Jo

Search terms that should return that user, but don't
Smith Jo

John Smi

Smith John
John Smith

Is there a way to improve search parameters to allow those search terms to work and return this user ?

BrokenClock_0-1658058777400.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrokenClock ,

The Search or in functions require you to have the string you have entered being present (in its entirety) in the target field/s (as per your examples) - you will never get the second list to work.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrokenClock ,

The Search or in functions require you to have the string you have entered being present (in its entirety) in the target field/s (as per your examples) - you will never get the second list to work.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,331)