Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo_25
Helper I
Helper I

Office365Users.MyProfileV2 providing info diff from user login credential

Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone had encountered the issue that I am facing now - login credential - display name does not match

the display name pulled from Office365Users.MyProfileV2().displayName function. 

I have just deployed my powerapps which requires the user to login using account credential set 1 (just a side note, my organisation has 2 set of account credentials for each staff - lets call it credential 1 and credential 2) .

My power apps makes use of office 365 users, office 365 outlook and sharepoint online connector. In my power app, I have set a global variable - varName to display displayName of account credential that the user login to powerapps. The formula  used in my powerapps: Set(varName,Office365Users.MyProfileV2().displayName);

For all staff except 1 (whom I shall refer as A) , displayName displayed was the same as the login credential 1 that the staff used to login to Powerapps. For Staff A, although he login using his account credential 1,  the varName displayed was the display name of his account credential 2 instead of account credential 1.  Because of this, he is unable to see the login button as the system cannot find a matching record with the online sharepoint list since this is based on display name of account credential 1. 

Would appreciate any help provided. 

1 REPLY 1
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Jo_25 ,

From my point of view, this is most likely a problem of O365 setup rather than a power apps problem. You should insist to your admin to take a deeper look to the settings of this particular user.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,893)