cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilD
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Office365Users.SearchUser() in combobox not working

I'm confused about what seems like something simple... hoping an expert can lend a hand.

In a combobox, why does this work...

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm : "Phil"})

But this does not...

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm : ComboBox1_1.SearchText})

In the first example, the combobox returns all the choices from my organization having "Phil" in the DisplayName. Great, now I should be able to swap out the hard-coded text with input from the SearchText of the combobox.

Not so fast, In the second example, with no other changes except what is shown in red, typing "Phil" (or anything else) into the search of the combobox returns nothing. The dots march accross the top, as if a search is taking place, but no results are returned for any text.

Data is set to single with DisplayName as primary text and search text (in the data properties pane).

I have tried every possible combination of things and can't seem to achieve a simple combobox that searches the Office365Users connection, returns a person so I can then assign to a field (in SQL server data source)  😞

11 REPLIES 11

Yes, using the following syntax I can search any user within my company - note: I have German language settings and maybe the connector name might have changed to 'Office365-Benutzer'.

'Office365-Benutzer'.SearchUser({searchTerm: ComboBox2.SearchText})

ComboBox2.SearchText is the only combobox I'm using for achieving the desired result. Within the properties of the combobox I have following things filled out:

__aboot_0-1610109054316.png

V2 seems not to be working at all.

I'm having a similar problem:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm : ComboBox1_1.SearchText}) 

not working on my app being created inside Teams.  It doesn't even offer me the "SearchText" option for searchTerm: ComboBox.

Will this have to do with the fact that I'm working with PowerApps in Teams? is there a solution for that (other than creating the extra search field)?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,492)