Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
222lovebirds
Helper I
Helper I

Office365Users.UserProfile failed: error message

Hello,

I have a field in the gallery Text = Office365Users.UserProfile(Text(ThisItem.'Team Member'.Email)).mobilePhone.

When I run the app, I get this "Office365Users.UserProfile failed" message.

Can you please help get rid of the error message?

Thank you!

Here is the entire message.

Office365Users.UserProfile failed: { "status": 404, "message": "No user found with the specified id.\r\nclientRequestId: 25821216-f2b3-4238-8dba-93220b5679d5\r\nserviceRequestId: 39d37c1e-4772-417f-8c66-43e108d2ab39", "error": { "message": "No user found with the specified id." }, "source": "office365users-eus.azconn-eus-01.p.azurewebsites.net" }

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
222lovebirds
Helper I
Helper I

@JR-BejeweledOne I did some research and found out about the "Experimental Features" and enabling "Formula Level Error Management." After I enabled the feature and added this code to "OnError," the error message stopped popping up.

Code: IfError(Office365Users.UserProfileV2(Email).mobilePhone, "")

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

It's not finding the email address you are using so I would start by modifying your formula.  You shouldn't need to convert the email address to text.   Also try putting a label on the screen and setting it to ThisItem.'Team Member'.Email to make sure it's returning what you want to see.

Office365Users.UserProfileV2(ThisItem.'Team Member'.Email).mobilePhone

Also if you have a connector like the Office365 Users connector and it has a V2 or V3 or numbered option, always use the newest one.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
222lovebirds
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for your advice. I updated the formula to what was suggested above and received a different type of error message. Also, I've noticed a comment when hovering over the formula in the app, it says 'This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation. Data type: Record.' I am not sure what it is...

Office365Users.UserProfileV2 failed: { "error": { "code": "ResourceNotFound", "message": "User not found", "innerError": { "date": "2022-03-10T18:16:49", "request-id": "7038edaa-37a2-466d-bd93-bfff1df2c940", "client-request-id": "7038edaa-37a2-466d-bd93-bfff1df2c940" } } }

Is the 'Team Member' column a person or group column?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes. It is a person column.

I have tested this and it works.   So I would suggest that you do 2 things for troubleshooting.

Add a label in your gallery to display ThisItem.'Team Member'.    If your column is set to display the email address, you don't need to add the .email at the end of this.   If your column is showing a different value (name, department etc.), you will need the .email

Outside of the gallery, drop a label on the screen and put this formula in and manually enter the email address you are having problems with.   This will let you know if the problem is not something in the gallery

Office365Users.UserProfileV2("jane.hancock@abcletters.com").mobilePhone

Thank you so much for the suggestions.

For the first suggestion, I changed the text field to ThisItem.'Team Member' and nothing showed in the field. To get some values to show in the field, the field has to be ThisItem.'Team Member'.DisplayName, ThisItem.'Team Member'.Email and such.

The second suggestion - I added a text field outside of the gallery and put the formula as advised. It showed my mobile number.

Does it give you any insights on what is wrong? I appreciate your help!

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

I am not sure at this point.    Is this a standard canvas app or Teams Studio app?   What is the data source where your column is?

As you can see below, it does work.  Department is the name of my Person column

mobilenumber.png

My apology. I was not clear with my issue. The value (mobilePhone) shows up in the text field, but when I test run the app, the error message below shows up. I am not sure why I get the error message because the data source is a SharePoint list, and there is no issue in the SPO list as far as I know...

Here is the error message I received. 
Office365Users.UserProfileV2 failed: { "error": { "code": "ResourceNotFound", "message": "User not found", "innerError": { "date": "2022-03-11T20:56:14", "request-id": "c1d9f29a-0182-4500-ba8d-9e6f0d3c42ad", "client-request-id": "c1d9f29a-0182-4500-ba8d-9e6f0d3c42ad" } } }

@JR-BejeweledOne is yours a gallery? I have about 600 + rows in the SharePoint list. I don't see any errors on either the SharePoint list or app editing mode. When I test the app, I get the error message. The Power App app downloaded to my phone has a slightly different error message. 

Office365Users.UserProfileV2 failed: The method 'UserProfileV2' has an invalid for parameter 'id'

Does it give you any clues to what's wrong...?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,698)