cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Creechyy
Frequent Visitor

Office365Users selection is not submitting to SharePoint List in people picker columns

Hello All,

I am currently developing a PowerApp with my coworker that will collect daily time entries from the employees at the company we work at. The testing on this PowerApp has done okay up to this point.

So, we have two people picker columns in our SharePoint list: Employee and Manager. This is where the user will select their name and their manager's name. (An employee may switch teams from day to day so the manager dropdown is a filtered selection based on department).

These are the formulas I currently have on the PowerApp:

For the Employee DropDown box, in the items, I have: 

Office365Users.MyProfile()

For the Employee DataCard, in the update, I have:

DataCardValue2_2.Selected

For the Manager DropDown box, in the items, I have:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:15}),JobTitle="Project Manager",Department=Office365Users.MyProfile().Department)

For the Manager DataCard, in the update, I have:

DataCardValue3_2.Selected

There is no issue when selecting a profile from the DropDowns, but when the form is submitted, these two people picker columns are left blank.

For the Submit Button, in the OnSelect, I have:

SubmitForm(NewForm1_1);

Navigate(Home)

Along with some other formulas that have had no effect on the form submission process.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Also, will these two DropDowns work offline? If not, will I have to create a collection to store that data?

Or, should I just create new columns? If so, how?

I am completely open to any and all help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Creechyy 

You are trying to store an Office365 User record to a SharePoint user record.  These are both totally different records schemas.

Set your update properties to the formula:

{ 
  Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(DataCardValue2_2.Selected.mail), 
  Department:"", 
  DisplayName: DataCardValue2_2.Selected.displayName, 
  Email: DataCardValue2_2.Selected.mail, 
  JobTitle:".", 
  Picture:"."
}

Same for the Manager update property except change the control reference.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Creechyy 

You are trying to store an Office365 User record to a SharePoint user record.  These are both totally different records schemas.

Set your update properties to the formula:

{ 
  Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(DataCardValue2_2.Selected.mail), 
  Department:"", 
  DisplayName: DataCardValue2_2.Selected.displayName, 
  Email: DataCardValue2_2.Selected.mail, 
  JobTitle:".", 
  Picture:"."
}

Same for the Manager update property except change the control reference.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

This works. Thank you so much!

zmansuri
Community Champion
Community Champion

What should be the sharepoint column type when you want to use office365user connector?

KirstenvO
Regular Visitor

I am also not able to get the chosen user populated in sharepoint. Even not with the suggested formula. For Items of this field I use 'Office365Users'.SearchUser().  There is no issue when selecting a profile from the DropDowns, but when the form is submitted, the people picker columns are left blank.

When I created the Sharepoint List which is the data source, I also choose 'Person' as column type, maybe that also has to do something with it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,207)