Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Office365outlook.findavailablemeetings sudden error

Hi All, 

I have had an app running successfully for months and suddenly today it has come up with an error stating. 

Tia_0-1665451173127.png

The Organizer has always been required as optional as I have a team of people booking meetings for other teams. Nothing in my coding has changed but this error has now put the ability to book at a stand still.

Concurrent(
ClearCollect(MeetingGroup1,AddColumns(Office365Outlook.FindMeetingTimesV2
({
MaxCandidates:20,
MinimumAttendeePercentage:1,
MeetingDuration:MeetingDurationSelection.SelectedText.Minutes,
Start:Text(DateAdd(DatePickerDesiredDate.SelectedDate,MeetingStartRange.SelectedText.Minutes,Minutes),UTC),
End:Text(DateAdd(DatePickerDesiredDate.SelectedDate,MeetingEndRange.SelectedText.Minutes,Minutes),UTC),
RequiredAttendees:Concat(PeopleGroup1,'Email'&";"), 
ActivityDomain: "Unrestricted", isOrganizerOptional: false})
.meetingTimeSuggestions,"StartTime",meetingTimeSlot.start.dateTime,"EndTime",meetingTimeSlot.end.dateTime)),

ClearCollect(MeetingGroup2,AddColumns(Office365Outlook.FindMeetingTimesV2
({MaxCandidates:20,
Start:Text(DateAdd(DatePickerDesiredDate.SelectedDate,MeetingStartRange.SelectedText.Minutes,Minutes),UTC),
End:Text(DateAdd(DatePickerDesiredDate.SelectedDate,MeetingEndRange.SelectedText.Minutes,Minutes),UTC),
RequiredAttendees:Concat(PeopleGroup2,'BSL Email'&";"), 
ActivityDomain: "Unrestricted", IsOrganizerOptional: false})
.meetingTimeSuggestions,"StartTime",meetingTimeSlot.start.dateTime,"EndTime",meetingTimeSlot.end.dateTime)));

It appears to error out on the second clearcollect set of information from addcolumns but removing this section doesnt solve the issue as it is still unable to grab the employees availability. 

It now seems to grab only the top persons information and everyone else comes through as "unknown".. I'm at a loss as it was working perfectly yesterday.

Tia_1-1665451357584.png

If any one has any ideas I would really appreciate the insights. 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
lonelySiren
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'm having the same issue, framed differently, but it's the same problem. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Book-a-room-template-app-only-shows-first-av...

Something must have changed in thefindavailablemeetings function. Suscribing here in case someone answers.

Robin1988
Helper IV
Helper IV

We have the same issue, there is no error, but in the response all resource availability shows 'unkown' accept by the first record.

Snoemannen

The same problem came up for me as well, the first attendee gives a correct availability but all other just give "unknown".

Is this a temporary error or is this som echange in funtionality that we have to find a work around for?

Dean_aus

It looks like this is also causing the template app 'Meeting capture' to fail when trying to schedule a follow up meeting and the same connector is returning the same issue in PowerAutomate as well

I think you should use these steps below as soon as possible to open a support ticket about the issue:

Create a new Power Platform Support Ticket

If you can't perform the steps yourself, try asking your admin to perform them.

Tia
Resolver I
Resolver I

Okay, so what we worked out is the loop that normally occurs in the FindMeetingTimes only checks the first records availability and then ignores the rest leaving them set to "unknown". To get around this we moved the loop outside the FindMeetingTimes with a ForAll.

We duplicated our original app knowing that Microsoft could potentially put in a fix. This fix works for both V1 and V2.

Clear(MeetingGroupV1);

ForAll(SelectedPeople,
Collect(MeetingGroupV1,AddColumns(Office365Outlook.FindMeetingTimes({
MaxCandidates:20,
RequiredAttendees: 'Email', 
ActivityDomain: "Unrestricted", isOrganizerOptional: true})
.MeetingTimeSuggestions,"StartTime",MeetingTimeSlot.Start.DateTime,"EndTime",MeetingTimeSlot.End.DateTime)));

ClearCollect(MeetingTimesV2, Filter(MeetingGroupV1,!IsBlank(OrganizerAvailability)));

Swapping out the concat in the "Required attendees" for the email field of the collected table of people it then groups it with the Collect in MeetingGroupV1 - this then creates a row per person per findmeetingtimes and can be used by nesting the gallery vertically instead of horizontally - the gallery item then only shows a singular instead of many (the way it used to), so we just flipped it with the expectation of 1 and lined it up in a way that showed all the information again. 

Tia_0-1665610543586.png

It isn't pretty but it worked for us. I did it for each of the other assets gathered for office rooms & cars in our scenario.

Am I missing something? I added the workaround code below on the RoomSelectScreen OnVisible property but as you can see when I double clicked on the "MeetingsGroupV1" it didn't retrieve any values. 

genarich_1-1665676844138.png

LiridonaG

I had the same issue, also since the 10nth of october. But since today it works again. 

AlexanderLorenz

My problem still exists. Booking the rooms or finding free time is not possible. Only one room is displayed available "free". All other rooms are listed as availability "unknown" is displayed.

Any other solutions to fix the problem? I've already tried yours.

Thx Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,079)