cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattTaylor Advocate I
Advocate I

Offline Power Apps won't load

Hi folks,

Searching around it seems a few other people are having this issue. 

I've built an App to be used in areas with potentially low signal. On first run it needs to be online to cache data but after that it's supposed to be able to work offline. I'm certain this did work when I was initially building/testing but now whenever I disconnect my (Android) phone from any signal the Power Apps application shows no Apps at all and I can't load anything (even from a "home screen" shortcut"). 
If I start the App online and then disconnect, it will work. 
This is a deal breaker for my entire organisation, does anyone know if this is a bug or whether this capability is simply not available (it seems insane to not have this feature).
Cheers,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Offline Power Apps won't load

This is all based on caching on the mobile device, which means its also dependent on what else you do with the device.  Power Apps are not downloaded and installed on a device, they are cached on the device when they are run.  LoadData and SaveDate can be used to Load and Save copies of offline data, but the basic app needs to stay cached in memory or started up online. So if you are offline for long periods of time, probably measured in weeks, or completely power down the phone or flush the cache then the Offline app won't load unless you are online.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
MattTaylor Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your response.

I have to say this is disappointing; it makes an "offline" app pointless using Power Apps. What's interesting though is I've found the behaviour has changed over the last few weeks - now if I close the App and go offline, I immediately can't see any Apps at all, previously the App would still load with a "not connected" bar at the bottom.

Does anyone know if this may change in the future? I can't believe that anyone serious about developing using Power Apps hasn't found this to be quite unworkable. 

Eelman Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@MattTaylor this video shows PowerApps working offline, so it should work? Daniel (the video creator) does mention that PowerApps will only display (in the PA Player) those apps that can be used offline, maybe there's a clue around that with regards to your app?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwbcCag9B4

Community Support
Community Support

HI @MattTaylor ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side. Currently, I have no idea with showing "Offline" Type app in PowerApps Mobile App (I think this issue is related to updates in PowerApps Mobile App).

If you would like to get further help in this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,539)