cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Offline apps that uses a form

I created an app that inputs users data using one form to an excel file. How can I make this file work so that I have save the data to a local cache on an IPad and then load the data to that excel file when I regain wifi. I have done hours of research and I still don't know how to do it. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Offline apps that uses a form

Hi @scarlson,

Offline feature is still under developing.

The Twitter example should be considered as a little step.

Build offline apps with new PowerApps capabilities

Could you please share more details about where is your excel file stored? Is it from OneDrive or OneDrive for Business .etc or local excel file? 

Use a formula similar to below one. This formula checks if we are online, if we are it will tweet the text immediately. If we are not, it will capture the tweet in a “LocalTweetsToPost” collection and save it to the device. Then it resets the text in the text box.

If (Connection.Connected,
      Twitter.Tweet("", {tweetText: NewTweetTextBox.Text}),
      Collect(LocalTweetsToPost, {tweetText: NewTweetTextBox.Text});
      SaveData(LocalTweetsToPost, "LocalTweetsToPost")
  );	
  UpdateContext({resetNewTweet: true});
  UpdateContext({resetNewTweet: false})

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Offline apps that uses a form

My excel file is stored on my OneDrive for business. 

In the OnSelect function of my submit button I have 

If(Connection.Connected, SubmitForm(Form1), Collect(LocalFormsToSubmit, Table1_2); SaveData(LocalFormsToSubmit, "LocalForms"))

Form1 is the form I made on the app, Table1_2 is the table I am connecting my form to through an excel file located in OneDrive for Business. I am not positive what the LocalFormsToSubmit or "LocalForms" are - I was trying to fill in my information through another example. My form works perfectly online, it just can't find Table1_2 when offline. I don't know what to do. Please help and ask any more questions!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,092)